Monday, January 22, 2007

Big clean up.

Gypsy Boy's brother left Dubai last Friday after a 2-week stay with us. The last six weeks or so have been an extremely busy one for us, with the festive season, entertaining visitors, and farewelling friends. During this time, we've had the foldable beds out in the lounge and some of the furniture rearranged to accommodate.

...aboard an abra...

We've also had friends leave Dubai and thus, inherited an array of household goods, food, and pot plants! I haven't really had the chance to sort through all these treasures so they've been sitting in a big pile in a corner. Add to this another pile of 'stuff' that we're storing for another friend, and you can imagine why our place looks like a tornado has just been through it!

...Farewell Joy & James...

At times like these, I really wish I have access to an online auction system like TradeMe. Of course, then we'd also need a reliable and efficient postal system as well. So it looks like I'll most likely resort to putting up a classified ad on an expat forum and giving the rest of the stuff we don't need or want to a friend who is in the process of setting up home here.

There you have it, my list of what's been keeping me busy, excuses for why I haven't been posting on here and why I haven't been replying to [m]any emails. I promise I'll try to get to emails this week in between cleaning, laundry and sorting out stuff. In the meantime, here are some of the latest photos.

...at Hatta...

...at Hatta Fort Hotel...

4 comments:

JOY said...

Love the photos of Hatta!

Missing you guys lots!

Sorry for all the "stuff" I dumped on you. Just take what you want and throw out the rest.

So glad to be able to keep in touch now!

GYPSY GIRL said...

We miss you both too!!!! It's definitely not the same without you.

No, not at all. Thanks for thinking of us and keeping it all for us. We've put lots of it to good use and in fact some of the things are ours which we now have no use for and need to get rid of!!!

Good old Hatta, we decided to take a drive out there with Gypsy Boy's brother.

Great to be able to keep in touch, looking forward to chatting.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Love the pictures too :) Its been a while since you last posted, and I have been wondering where you were :)

GYPSY GIRL said...

Hi Marina! Yes, Hatta is a lovely picturesque little place on the border of Oman. I love the mountainscape there which always photographs so well.

Sorry I've not been posting for some time, I've just been so busy. Good to be back to normal now :-)