Friday, April 06, 2007

Sa-tis-fied.

It's no secret that I haven't been having much fun the last couple of months being pregnant. Mostly due to being riddled with all-day sickness plus every other symptom in the book. Then just as the nausea abates, I find I can't satisfy [m]any of my food cravings. Not cool when I'd been surviving on dry crackers, toast, and cereal for weeks! I'm not even really asking for anything extraordinary, maybe just some 'KL Black Mee', 'Wonton Meen' (Malaysian style of course!), Vegetarian Crispy Noodles...

So, I almost jumped up and did a dance for joy at the China Club Chinese Restaurant today, when I saw deep-fried taro filled with chicken on their menu. This is one of my favourite yum-char dishes and something I'd also been dreaming of lately but never expected to see [given the sad range of yum-char restaurants and dishes available here]. They looked and tasted even better than I'd imagined! I guess one would hope so at 32AED for a plate of 3. Ouch!

3 comments:

JOY said...

I reckon it was money well spent if you enjoyed them so much.

I think the restaurant will have a "big fan" now!

Enjoy your weekend.

PS I haven't got a clue what deep-fried taro filled with chicken is!!! Sorry!!!! You know me!

Milky Marmalade said...

Yummy! China Club gets my vote too. I get my Dim Sum fix there. Not 100% authentic but very tasty.

GYPSY GIRL said...

Joy - it was really money well spent. I just wish it was closer to home. The restaurant is the one we took you and James to for lunch way back (remember the little dishes that came in baskets?). Except I don't think we had the taro that time... not sure how else to explain what they are!

milky marmalade - China Club really is the best available here I think. Ok, it's not like in Asia (or even like the yum char in Australia/New Zealand/London!!!!), but what can I say? Beggars can't be choosers.