Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cafe Ceramique

This is a wonderful place to eat and unleash the inner artist in you. After a scrumptious lunch at Cafe Ceramique with my lovely friend Joy, we browsed the shelves holding a variety of white ceramic pieces ranging from jewellery boxes to platters and ornaments.

We carefully decided and selected a piece that was to become our work of art and brought it back to our table while the friendly waiters set up our paints, brushes and palettes for us. The waiters are helpful with tips and generous encouragement to get us started and even offer stencils, stamps, and books for inspiration if needed.

It took me over 2 hours to complete my piece, and all I can say is that patience is definitely a virtue that Joy has! Our works of art are now at the cafe where they will be glazed and ready for pick up in 7 days. I can't wait to pick it up and will post a picture of the final result here!

2 comments:

Mathew Sanders said...

Hey Gypsy Girl - it's been *20* days and we still haven't seen that picture!

GYPSY GIRL said...

I hear you matty... it's coming, I promise ;-)