Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Head cold in DXB?

It sounds strange, and I never expected to come down with a cold when the temperature outside is 30+degrees celcius. I know no time's a good time to be sick but it really couldn't have come at a worst time. Yesterday was a public holiday being Prophet Mohammed's Birthday. Gypsy Boy surprised me and took Sunday off as well to have a long weekend.

We weren't planning on going away but were going to spend time catching up with friends. We managed to get two good nights out with friends, being Thursday and Friday, but on Saturday night we were meant to meet up with my [long lost] cousin who's in town for work over the next 2 weeks. Just when we jumped in the car, it refused to start due to a flat battery.

We ended up cancelling dinner as it was already 10pm and I started to feel sick. Gypsy Boy started his day off getting a new car battery, walking Gypsy Dog, then cooked me a delicious chicken soup! Plans to spend the day and evening with some other friends had to be cancelled as Gypsy Boy then caught the bug and we had a very quiet rest of the weekend.

No comments: