Thursday, December 28, 2006

Farewells.

My aunt and uncle left for the airport early this morning, after a 2-week stay with us in Dubai. It's been a year since I last saw them, and it was really good having them here over Christmas and showing them what life in Dubai is like.

We both went back to bed after they left, and when I woke up later this morning, the house felt a little empty! Funny how I always feel this whenever I've had visitors come to stay.

What's worse is I've lost my best friend in Dubai. 2 days ago, we went to say goodbye to Joy and James as they return to Ireland after living in Dubai for a year. Joy had saved up all her bits and pieces which she thought I might like and I've spent some of this morning going through the bags and bags she's left me! It's like a second Christmas because I've found some real treasures like a fondue set, books, flasks, a chiller bag, and many more things!

I've got to get back to sorting out my 'treasures' and also get onto lots of cleaning before our next visitor arrives next week - Gypsy Boy's brother!

2 comments:

JOY said...

Glad you are able to make use of some of the bits and bobs I left!

Hopefully you will appreciate some time on your own after all your visitors!

I am still here you know, if you need company just message me! I will be here from you always - even if I am miles away.

GYPSY GIRL said...

Awwwwwwwwww, Joy you are ever so sweet!!!! This is my first week back on my own and I've tons of things to get onto that I left undone.

You are a true friend and I'm so glad to just have met you!

Thanks for all the treasures, we've put lots of your things to good use! Just be sure to let us know if you want me to save anything for you! xx