Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Wet, wet, wet.

Winter's here. It's been raining off and on the last couple of weeks. The day we got back to Dubai from Europe it was raining all day and we've only really had the odd day of sunshine since. The temperatures have also dropped a fair bit and the mercury's down to as low as 16 degrees C.

While this may seem mild to most, it's cold enough for me to have switched the air-conditioning off and don my sweatshirt and track pants! I remember it getting cooler around this time last year, but it certainly wasn't as wet. In fact, many of the veteran expats here are saying it's raining more this year than it has in the last 2 years combined! Ah well, enjoy the nice change in weather I reckon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the rain stops soon!

I will get enough of it back in Ireland in a few weeks time.

GYPSY GIRL said...

I know! I hope it stops soon too. Is it raining your way? I think it looked ok out there earlier this morning over here... finger's crossed for you, not long now till you go.

JOY said...

No it isn't raining at the moment thank goodness!

Just waiting for the sun to come out then hit the pool for the day!

Switched to blogger beta this morning in the hope that I will be able to leave comments! Fingers crossed this works

GYPSY GIRL said...

Good one! I'm using blogger beta and I love the features and improvements. Let us know how you go with it, I'm sure you'll find it heaps better too:-)

Have a great day in the sun!