Wednesday, December 13, 2006

T'is the season...

Like other parts of the world, the Christmas season in Dubai seems to have arrived earlier this year. Christmas jingles are being played regularly on the radio and lots of shops and malls being decked out with the usual red, green and gold decorations. Shoppers also seem to be out in full force doing all their Christmas shopping.

Still, I'm finding it hard to get into the Christmas spirit this year. I guess it's the fact that when it comes down to it, Christmas is just an ordinary work day here, and holds not much more than commercial value. For Gypsy Boy and the rest of the workforce, there's no wind-down period either, if anything work seems to be building up!

Anyway, I thought I should at least make a bit of an effort especially seeing that we will have family arriving in 2 days who'll be staying to celebrate Christmas with us in Dubai.

...Our little X'mas Corner...

I apologise the photo's not great, it looks like our little Canon Ixy4.0 is dying a slow and painful death so I only managed to take the one photo and I'm too lazy to dig the SLR out and transfer the flash card, so this will have to do for now.

7 comments:

JOY said...

Awh Gypsy Girl this looks great!

Looks even nicer than I ever imagined!

Like you I have yet to feel that "Christmas Feeling"! Maybe it will just hit us soon!

Just isn't the same in Dubai!

GYPSY GIRL said...

Thanks! Maybe we need to put on some X'mas music to get us into the spirit...

I'm sure you will have a fab one being the first one ever with James!!!

rinaz said...

Hi Gypsy girl,

Maybe its just me, but it looks more chinese new year than christmas to me ... with the pussy willows and the red gifts ... hehe :)

GYPSY GIRL said...

Lol. You're probably right there Marina... They're actually just twigs with crystals on them, and I bought the small red balls - which are meant to be Christmassy, I think???

Oh well, do I get points for effort?? :-P

Anonymous said...

I agree with Limavady to dubai!

Your twinkling lights look very festive!

Hope you have a great Christmas and wonderful 2007!

GYPSY GIRL said...

Hi Ann,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comment and wishes!

A very merry Christmas to you too, and all the best for 2007!

Cheers

throll13 said...

Somehow I too don't feel the Christmas mood this year at all, I don't even have the mood to put up my X'mas tree... maybe I might eventually feel it next week... your x'mas corner looks great! Merry X'mas to you in advance... :)