Sunday, November 26, 2006

The last 10 days.

I've been a bit slack with posting lately partly due to laziness, lack of motivation to post, and I guess it's been a little busier than normal.

The most exciting thing I guess was throwing a surprise party for Gypsy Boy's Birthday over the weekend, and getting my first piece of work completed.

Gypsy Boy's little party was fun, thanks to all our friends who came over to celebrate, and special thanks to Joy who helped so much with shopping, preparation and organising all the balloons! For some reason, I didn't take any photos which is a real shame so I'll have to post some when I get the photos from Joy that she took with her camera.

I also got delivered my first piece of work last week, and as it was urgent, I found myself working hard to get it finished by the deadline. I was pleased to find that it's not far from the sort of work I had to do as part of my previous role in NZ, and I really enjoyed it as well as being able to work from the comforts of home!

Today, I'm digging up some of our old winter clothes and starting to pack for our trip to Brussels and Istanbul. I can't believe we leave tomorrow already!

Oh, and as I type it's raining outside! I thought I could smell the rain, so I ran out to the balcony with Gypsy Dog at my heels to find grey skies and a light but constant drizzle. I haven't seen the rain in Dubai since January!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Yes the BRU trip did come up so fast.... have a great time and I'm glad GypsyBoy's party was fun :)

GYPSY GIRL said...

Thanks Matty! Will think of you when I have hot chocolate and Belgian choccies! Kind of am and not really looking forward to the cold at the same time though...Brrrr!

Oh, and I hope you've got over your cold :-S

JOY said...

Have a great time Gypsy Boy and Gypsy Girl! Speak when you get back.

By the way - where is Gypsy dog?

www.limavady2dubai.blogspot.com

GYPSY GIRL said...

Thanks Joy! We are here in Brussels and having a ball! :-) I've been having adventures already and will do a little post soon about my funny day! Hee hee.

Gypsy Dog has checked in to a really nice pet resort and is enjoying himself very nicely. Lucky boy!