Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A new job!

Over the last year, I've been 'unemployed' at worst, and a 'housewife' at best. This has been the longest I've ever been without a job in my working life. In fact, it's the only time I've ever been unemployed in my working life but it was a choice I made when we moved to Dubai to take a much needed break.

As of tomorrow I will start work proofreading for a well-known local publishing company. It may not seem like a very glamourous job, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited!

It's all happened so quickly and has to be record time that I've ever gone for a job, got it and start working. 3 days ago, I was just beginning to think seriously about looking for a job. 2 days ago, I came across the ad online and replied to it an hour after it was posted. Yesterday, I completed an aptitude test and today, I got the congratulatory email!

In the last few hours, I've spoken with the editor of the publishing company and the lead editor for the project that I'll start working on tomorrow! I'm basically able to work from home and the paperwork gets delivered to me and gets picked up when I'm done! There are of course deadlines to work with, so looks like I'm going to have a busy working weekend ahead. Can't wait to start the new job!

4 comments:

JOY said...

Good Luck Audrey with the new job!

Am sure you will have no trouble getting settled into it.

Well done!

GYPSY GIRL said...

Thanks Joy!

rinaz said...

Wow a job :) Good luck in your new job! :)

GYPSY GIRL said...

Thanks Marina! :-)