Sunday, March 25, 2007

Finally, an iPod!

The LCD display on my old Sony stereo has given way for the third time in about as many years. I picked up this little baby from Tokyo's 'Electronic City', Akihabara, during the summer holidays of my first year of university while on my travels in Japan. At the time, the model was pre-world release (test market for Japan only), and I still remember asking myself if I'd gone mad while I lugged the box along with my suitcase along the subways of Tokyo during the last leg of my trip.

...My old faithful...

Now - almost ten years later! - I can say that it's served me well and apart from the display, it's still in excellent working condition. However, instead of sending it off to get fixed again, we decided it's about time we invested in a new sound system for our bedroom.

...our new iPod and Jamo docking station...

We didn't want anything big or bulky and decided that an iPod would be perfect for our needs!

2 comments:

JOY said...

What a trendy little number!

Guess you will be downloading lots of tunes to play on it.

10 years for a stereo isn't bad - mines usually only last a few years - maybe I play them too loud when doing my housework!

Great to see you blogging again! I missed you.

GYPSY GIRL said...

Thanks! Yeah, definitely already uploaded the songs from my laptop on to it, plus some of our CD's. I love it, it's great!